What is Snap?
Snap is a Google Play Client. Which means it has access to Google Play's content, but is not developed by Google. As well, this app is not approved by BlackBerry, which simply means you cannot download and install it from BlackBerry World. Instead you will have to "sideload" it. But don't worry, just because BlackBerry hasn't approved the app does not mean they will make your phone explode, stop working or disappear.
Before we begin, please be advised this is a guideline only. You must exercise caution while performing all actions. Always backup of your device first. BlackBerryCentral will not be responsible for any failure / damage that may be caused to your device during the process.
- Snap found here (current version is 2.0.2 or BETA v3)
- Sachesi for Windows or Mac (current version is v2.0.0 RC).
- A Micro USB Cable
This process is fairly simple but takes a few steps.
- Plug your device into your PC or Mac via USB and launch Sachesi.
- Select the Install tab
- Select Install File
- In the file explorer window, navigate to the folder where you saved the Snap BAR file and select it.
- The installation process will be carried out now.
- Once the installation is done, you will have the Snap icon on your device home screen.
You should now have Snap installed on your BlackBerry 10 Device!
A final note: Google specific apps and other apps which rely on Google such as Hangouts require an app called "Google Services." Those apps will not run on a BB10 device because of this. This is a limitation on BlackBerry 10, we do not recommend trying to install these services on your device.
Run into trouble? Drop us a comment below so we can try and help!