The BlackBerry Priv is just days away, really.
If you keep a close eye on BlackBerry, you may have spotted the BlackBerry Keyboard, exFAT, and Launcher on the Google Play Store. This is a good sign that the software has reached the final release portion. Check out the listings below:
The BlackBerry Launcher application enables you to:
• Easily turn multistep tasks such as sending an email or calling a friend into a one-click task.
• Find, sort and place applications, widgets and shortcuts across home screen panels for convenient access.
• Widgets are a great way to get information quickly, but can take up a lot of space on your home screen. BlackBerry® Pop-Up Widgets allow you to view any application widget by simply swiping up or down across the icon on your home screen, giving you fast access to the information you need, when you need it.
• Use keyboard shortcuts to launch applications or tasks, such as tapping ‘B’ to launch your Browser.
• Customize the look and feel of your device using icon packs, and more...
The PRIV by BlackBerry® gives you the freedom to choose between a virtual touch screen keyboard or a physical keyboard for speed and accuracy.
Snap the slider open to dismiss the touch screen keyboard and free up valuable screen space. A full physical keyboard is revealed that also doubles as a touch sensitive track pad for scrolling and fine cursor control. You can even map the physical keys to shortcuts that launch device features.
The BlackBerry Keyboard includes a number of components that work together to deliver an optimal user input experience:
• A reinvented physical keyboard that optimizes accuracy, ergonomic comfort and precise control.
• A market disrupting touch sensitive keyboard to help you get things done fast.
• A complementary set of on-screen virtual keyboards for touch interaction and fast access to the most critical text elements
• An intelligent input engine that allows the keyboard to learn and remember words you type often and then offer them as next-word suggestions.
• A set of software capabilities that allows shortcuts to user-defined words and phrases, and more…
• Quick and easy creation of text with the renowned BlackBerry Keyboard, featuring auto correction, next word prediction and a Personal Dictionary.
• More efficiency through learning and personalization. The keyboard gets more accurate over time as it learns your style and word selection.
• Text Selection and Fine Cursor Control make it easy to format your work properly and give it a polished and professional appearance.
• Settings that put you in control of your keyboard experience.
MicrosoftexFAT for BlackBerry
SDXC Cards store data in a different format, versus previous generation SD cards. This application lets you unlock the full potential of your SDXC Card for your BlackBerry smartphone.
• Supports SDXC cards up to 2 TB capacity
• Can save files in excess of 4GB in size
BlackBerry Services is the foundation upon which all of your favorite BlackBerry applications are built. It provides both enhanced security and improved productivity.
• Enjoy a more consistent experience across your BlackBerry applications, including common menus that allow you to open items in other BlackBerry applications.
• Manages the data for all BlackBerry Productivity Suite applications, providing secure and efficient access to your most critical data. This includes the sync logic that obtains your data from the Internet, seamlessly keeping your device up-to-date.
• Delivers an enhanced level of security, by partitioning your applications into Work and Personal perimeters.
BlackBerry Password Keeper
The BlackBerry Password Keeper application allows you to keep all of your passwords, login information, and important records safe and secure. BlackBerry Password Keeper allows you to store all of these records in a single location for easy access and reference. Your information is encrypted using AES-256 and protected by a single password of your choice.
Plus if you have Password Keeper records from a previous BlackBerry 10 device, you can easily import all of your records and start using the app right away.
• Easily import Password Keeper records from a previous BlackBerry 10 device
• Create, edit, and delete records
• Generate random passwords
• Set records as favorites
• Check that your passwords are strong using the password strength meter
The BlackBerry® Camera is optimized for the Schneider-Kreuznach® certified camera on PRIV. Take professional-quality photos with minimal effort! Creativity comes naturally when taking photos is this simple, and when your results are this beautiful.
The BlackBerry Camera includes professional settings that you can apply as you frame the scene, including live filter effects and exposure control. Features like Phase Detection Auto Focus, OIS, and a dual-color flash help the camera focus instantly, deliver feedback to you quickly, and capture crisp, vibrant photos, even in low light
• Phase Detection Auto focus – Lightning-fast autofocus technology, commonly found in professional cameras, ensures the moment is always crystal clear
• Panorama – Capture everything around you in stunning detail with massive, 140 megapixel, 360 degree panoramic photos
• 4k video – See every detail in your videos with incredible definition
• Panorama selfie – Include more of your surroundings and fit all of your friends in the photo with you
• Live filters – Express your artistic side by using filters that you can see before you even take the photo
• 60 fps video recording – Video with smooth and lifelike motion for moving subjects
DTEK by BlackBerry
In this world of interconnected apps and networks, controlling what is shared and with whom it’s shared with can be a challenge. BlackBerry® DTEK for Android™ allows you to view and improve your privacy level and monitor application access to your camera, microphone, location, and personal information. Take control with DTEK by BlackBerry.
• Monitor – Know at a glance the overall security rating for your device, as well as for specific security features. You can identify whether you need to take any action to improve the security of your device.
• Control – Easily change your security settings to improve the security rating for your device and specific security features.
• Track – Turn on event logging to track what your apps are doing. Advanced tools help you track what info your apps have accessed, how it’s being used, and the duration of use. This includes which apps are accessing your camera, microphone, location, and personal information.
• Alert – Be notified of specific application activities when you set up notifications.
While you won't be able to download the keyboard or launcher (just yet), you'll notice they're listed above for free. That's more than likely just because the Priv has these apps integrated into it's OS... so don't expect a free ride for your Nexus, in other words. We'll have to wait until after the device is officially launched before knowing when you may be able to type in style with the native BlackBerry 10 keyboard on an alternative Android device.
Keep an eye on this post, we'll be updating it tomorrow when the rest of the files are available (Hub, Contacts, Calendar, Notes and More!).
Check out the links here:
How Excited Are You For The BlackBerry Priv?